1. Backdrop stands – These are pretty self explanatory. They are the tools that you will use to set up whatever backdrop you choose to work with.
2. Backdrop– Obviously you will also need to bring a backdrop itself. While you can purchase photography-specific backdrops at most photography supply stores; some photographers also opt to use certain types of seamless fabrics instead.
3. Scrim– A scrim is a special device used by photographers in order to modify the harshness or softness of light. When working outdoors as opposed to in a studio, the quality of light is no longer in your control, so having a piece of gear like this is crucial as you may find yourself wanting to manipulate the natural light a bit to achieve a stronger or softer quality.
4. Reflectors– These are just pieces of reflective material that you can use in order to bounce natural light in a certain direction.
5. Clamps or clips– These are just helpful to keep handy in order to get your gear set up properly such as getting your backdrop clipped to your stands, etc.